Monday, May 18, 2009

You Stupid Tease!


What has two thumbs and is always super excited for new tv? THIS GIRL! I have to say, normally, summer tv makes me die a little inside, what with the inundation of ridiculous reality shows and repeats. That's right, when everyone else is taking advantage of the gorgeous weather, I am holed up grub-like in the dark, directly in front of my air conditioning unit, watching the tv.

This summer seemed to be filled with promise, with a new season of So You Think You Can Dance (I love me some dancing!) as well as a new show from Fox called Glee (from Nip/Tuck creator Ryan Murphy), about a bunch of misfits in the high school glee club (with the voices of angels! See below). Snarky commentary on the harsh reality of one's teenage years? Sign me up. High School Musical versions of Amy Winehouse? I already love it like a fat kid loves cake.

Color me excited- this is a new world of television! I may have found my Pushing Daisies replacement (Kristin Chenoweth is even a repeating guest star)!
Then, in reading Fox's fall lineup, it dawned on me that tomorrow's premiere of Glee is a teaser preview for the FALL SEASON! Dammit Fox! Way to get my hopes up 5 months in advance. My summer hopes are dashed. I'll have to... GASP... go outside and enjoy life. Yikes!
I must say, I'm also intrigued that the lineup shows So You Think You Can Dance as the lead-in show for Glee this fall... is this a super-long season, or are we having two seasons in a row?


1 comment:

cat-fish said...

ahhh, something to do Wednesdays at 8:00 while I'm waiting for Lost to come back on! :) This looks good - I just hope they don't blow their load in the first season storyline-wise...the jock and the nerd girl are already a hot item? They have some potential here for at least a few seasons if they play their cards right.