Saturday, February 7, 2009

I May Just Qualify As a Stalker Now...

I've actually just scared myself with my cyberstalking... and not just of the celebrity variety. Several years ago I worked at a law firm from which I got canned, and lost touch with a good friend.

Normally, through the wonder of Facebook, one can reconnect with a minimum of awkward questions about how you tracked them down. Sadly, this friend is apparently some sort of interwebs luddite without a Facebook account.

She is, however, a regular player at the Beverly Center for the Arts, which is where our fair tale begins. I discovered this because I used my amazing powers of information gathering (Google)... and learned that you can contact the Beverly Theater Guild via email. So, in possibly the most creepy thing I've ever done in my life, I sent the following email:

Hi-

This is a totally weird and potentially stalkerish sounding email, but I used to work with [OLD FRIEND] about 7 years ago, and I lost touch with her. She was a great friend, and I’ve missed her, and saw her listed for The Full Monty, and I was wondering if you could give her my contact information!

I would greatly appreciate it.


Birv.

UGH. How creepy is that? I didn't sign it Birv. It probably would have been more awesome/creepy if I had. I will keep that in mind for the next time I decide to stalk someone.

Details about whether my stalking was successful to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do run the risk of the reader telling the person that you are stalking them...on the other hand, you never know in this day and age. People should expect to get stalked by old friends to a certain extent...