Friday, October 10, 2008

Blog requests! Does that mean I'm popular??

ZOMG... people are telling me stuff to blog about. That makes me feel like I've made it. Or like I'm writing people's essays in high school (They swore they liked me!!!). Just kidding. I never did that.

Anyway... two fab things to post about today:

40 pictures from Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, which I have no hesitation in posting, because it serves Warner Brothers right for moving the movie's release back 8 months. It looks like some of my favorite book moments have made it to the screen... though after watching the fifth movie, I am still wondering how people who didn't read the book have ANY clue what's going on. See them all here. Thanks to Adam for letting me know they're there, this livejournal poster, and to iwatchstuff.com!



In science news... Germans have successfully transplanted to real arms onto a farmer that lost his 6 years ago. There are so many jokes about German engineering that I could put in here, I'm not even going to go there. What I will say is that apparently they were running a "buy 2 arms get mustache transplant free" special. Hey-o! Seriously though- this is on one hand (get it?) very cool, and on the other, frightening as hell. Seriously-first it's arm transplants, next it's bionic men and robot apocolypse. Thanks to JAX for pointing the way on this story. I'll be here all week, folks.

No comments: